Rejuvenates the gaze and removes signs of tiredness.
Results and duration
Duration: between 1 and 1.5 hours.
Postoperative care: analgesics prescribed by the specialist.
Discharge: same day.
Hospitalisation: outpatient or intermediate care.
Anaesthesia: local + possible sedation or general anaesthesia, depending on the physician’s judgement.
What is it?
It is a surgical intervention to remove excess skin from the upper eyelids and bags of fat from the lower eyelids, where necessary. When this technique involves the area of the lower eyelid, the aim is normally not so much to remove skin but to treat the bags of fat that build up in this area.
How is it performed?
This surgical procedure consists of removing excess skin and bags of fat. As with all surgery, it requires a standard pre-op.
When the procedure is performed on the upper eyelid, it is always a standard blepharoplasty, consisting of removing excess skin and fat where necessary.
When it involves the lower eyelid, the surgery can be performed through the eyelid itself, making an incision below the eyelash line, or it may involve a transconjunctival approach, in which case the incision is within the lower eyelid.
- It is a surgical procedure with predictable results and practically imperceptible scars.
- It has an immediate rejuvenating effect on the face, eliminating heaviness from the eyelid and sadness from the eyes.
- The results of the intervention are highly satisfactory and long-lasting.
- Postoperative care is not very painful and is well tolerated.
Areas of application
Upper and lower eyelids.
Recommendations and care
- Sunglasses should be worn for a couple of weeks to protect the eyes, which will be more sensitive than normal. Their use also helps reduce inflammation and ecchymosis, or small lesions caused by the surgery.
- The head should be kept raised for a few days after surgery.
- Relative rest and avoiding exertion is recommended for 48-72 hours after surgery.
- Eyes should be washed carefully and the specialist’s recommendations strictly followed. The stitches are removed after 5 days.
No, but they are visibly attenuated by reducing the volume of the lower bags. Occasionally the fat transfer technique or hyaluronic acid filling is necessary to ensure optimum results.
Required care is minimal, you just have to clean the eyes with saline solution. Eye drops or ointments are not usually necessary.
Ask for information
Leave us your information and we will contact with you to inform and make an appointment.