Eyebags are grey, blue, or purple coloured patches that appear under our eyes. In some more extreme cases they can become a significant aesthetic defect, which is why many people choose to undergo treatment to remove them.
At Nordetia we tell you all you need to know about eyebags and hyaluronic acid, which is the treatment used for their correction.
Índice de contenidos
Why do eyebags appear?
The main causes for eyebags forming are the following:
- Problems sleeping or poor sleeping habits.
- Allergies such as hay fever.
- Lack of fatty tissue around the eyes.
- Hyperpigmentation due to excessive melanin production.
- Anaemia due to lack of iron.
- Excessively delicate skin beneath the eyes.
- Thyroid problems.
- Excessive sun exposure.
- The use of eyedrops to treat glaucoma.
Hyaluronic acid treatment
To get rid of eyebags hyaluronic acid is injected into the area. We provide you with all of the information you need about this treatment.
What does it involve?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of the skin which can be modified or refilled, depending on the desired outcome. It rejuvenates the epidermis, hydrating and firming up tissue. This makes the treated zone appear younger.
It is a polysaccharide, which is a natural ingredient of the extracellular matrix, which helps to strengthen tissue. It attracts a significant amount of water, acting as sponge, giving the skin a particularly soft appearance.
Hyaluronic acid treatment is applied by means of an injection; with a needle whose size varies depending on the density of the hyaluronic acid to be administered. In any case, the needles are always smaller and thinner than those used to take blood for a blood test.
The duration of the treatment will depend on the density of the injected hyaluronic acid, the amount of the substance to be administered, its commercial regulations, the technique used to inject the substance, and other individual factors related to the patient’s personal care and psychobiology habits.
Nevertheless, in general the results will be effective for between four weeks and two years.
The main benefits of treating eyebags with hyaluronic acid are the following:
- It is a safe treatment. As a substance that is naturally present in the skin, it is very uncommon for hyaluronic acid to be rejected by our bodies.
- It is pain free.
- Hyaluronic acid is easily injected.
- Its results are immediate.
- In the case of the results of the treatment not being what the patient expected, another treatment can be undergone to reverse the process.
- It does not cause any allergic reactions. Hyaluronic acid is subject to constant analysis and research, which is why it is uncommon to see any adverse reactions or unexpected results.
- The latest hyaluronic acid products also provide a lifting effect.
Recommendations and care following treatment
After undergoing hyaluronic acid treatment, it is important to follow these tips to not adversely affect its results.
- Do not massage or move the zone that has been injected with hyaluronic acid.
- Avoid any possible traumatisms around the treated area.
- Drink at least one litre of water during the 24 hours immediately after the treatment.
- Avoid tobacco consumption, especially during the first 24 hours after the injections.
- During the first four weeks after the treatment, do not undergo any other medical treatments or cosmetic surgery.
Nordetia. Natural aesthetics. Natural results.