Many patients visit our clinics looking for solutions to issues with the skin on their back.
That’s why, at Nordetia, we are going to tell you the secrets to looking after the skin on your back, explaining the most common conditions on this part of the body and its possible treatments.
Índice de contenidos
Why is it important to looking after our skin’s appearance?
Looking after our skin is important in terms of aesthetics, as it is the external layer of our body and is a fundamental part of our appearance. But beyond that, keeping our skin health is also beneficial for health reasons, as the skin protects us from extreme temperatures, from external agents, and from bacteria, among other things.
4 Essential treatments
Below we are going to explain the main problems related to the skin on our backs and their possible treatment options:
Acne appears when hair follicles are blocked with grease and dead cells. This can be due to an excess of grease, bacteria, or swelling.
The main ways to treat acne are explained below:
These are medical treatments, which include the following:
- Benzoyl peroxide: this helps to prevent the hair follicles from blocking up with dead skins and removes the bacteria that causes the infection.
- Topical antibiotics: these help to remove the bacteria that cause the infection of the blocked hair follicles. These are almost always combined with benzoyl peroxide treatment.
- Topical retinoid: these are anti-inflammatories and help with abnormal keratinization.
- Azelaic acid: this removes dead skin cells and bacteria.
Specific chemical peels
This is an exfoliation technique that aims to smooth out the skin and improve its texture, applying products to renew the skin’s surface layer. The number of sessions depend on the severity of the acne or the patient’s age, while other factors can also come into consideration.
Stretch marks are caused by the stretching of the skin, which can be caused by obesity, pregnancy, or other conditions.
The main treatment for stretch marks is the following:
Mesotherapy to remove stretch marks is an outpatient treatment that is painless and is done by using hyaluronic acid, mineral, and vitamin injections. This is done to return the healthy appearance of the skin, promoting cell regeneration, stimulating collagen and elastin production, and creating an antioxidant barrier to improve blood circulation.
Localized fat is produced when there are fat deposits that build up in a specific area of the body, altering the appearance. This can be down to hormonal or genetic causes.
In the case of localized fat, the most effective treatment is what is mentioned below:
This is a technique that aims to redefine the body’s appearance for those patients with localized fat who are unable to remove it by taking up alternate lifestyles. It is done by destroying fat cells or adipocytes and cooling down the tissue until it reaches -10ºC, using a mechanical suction head to do so.
Cryolipolysis is done in 70 minute sessions, roughly, based on the treated area and the amount of fat to be removed.
Scars are formed when the skin heals after it has been damaged, this may include after an acne outbreak, bite, burn, cut, or inflamed spots, etc.
The following treatment is specifically aimed at treating scars:
Specific chemical peels
In the case of scars, just as with acne, a specific chemical peel can be done, consisting of an exfoliation technique to make the skin look smoother and to improve the texture of the skin. Products are applied that renew the skin’s surface layer. The number of sessions required is again based on the severity of the problem and the age of the patient, among other factors.
Minimally reticulated hyaluronic acid is injected which when administered into the surface layer of the skin corrects any collapses and causes no palpable nodular or visible damage.
Tips for healthy skin
Finally, let us give you some tips on how to keep your skin healthy.
- Sun exposure. Sun exposure helps to prevent certain dermatological conditions due to its anti-inflammatory effects. It is very good for the healing of scars caused by psoriasis and certain dermatitis. It is also very good to help combat acne.
- Hydration Hydrating your skin is essential to make it more resistant and to prevent the signs of ageing. It also helps against dry skin.
- Exfoliation. Exfoliation is needed to help remove those dead cells that cause problems such as acne. It is also useful to help release toxins and prevent ageing.
- Cleansing. Cleansing your skin correctly and frequently is essential when it comes to removing impurities, regulating the skin’s grease and PH level, and increasing its softness and brightness, among other factors.
Nordetia. Natural aesthetic. Natural results.