The neck is an area of our bodies which ages quicker than others, and it is unfortunately also one of the most visible parts of our bodies.
That is why, at Nordetia we are going to explain to you the reasons behind this process and what are the best treatments for the rejuvenation of the neck.
Índice de contenidos
Why does the neck age?
The passing of the years is not the only reason behind the ageing of the neck. In fact, we are talking about a very delicate and highly exposed area of the body, for a range of reasons:
- Overexposure to the sun, as the neck is one of the areas which is most susceptible to the sun’s rays.
- The continuous movement of the neck.
- The activity of free radicals with certain cells that are responsible for the ageing of the skin.
- The neck also ages due to hormonal reasons, as processes such as menstruation and the menopause affect the appearance and development of imperfections on the neck’s skin.
- Not enough sleep, stress, and tiredness are also factors that can lead to the ageing of the neck’s skin.
How can it be prevented?
There are various things that can be done to prevent the excessive ageing of the neck:
- Constant hydration of the skin with specific products.
- Massage the skin every day, so that the skin remains firm.
- Use sun protection on the neck, as well as the face, throughout the year. This is regardless of whether the sun exposure is intense or not, like at the beach or in the countryside. It is essential to use sun protection if you are outside with your neck exposed. The best way to apply the product is from the bottom up, softly and in circular movements.
Treatments to rejuvenate the neck
There are cases in which, in order to rejuvenate the neck, additional help is needed. Let’s take a look at the best treatments to rejuvenate the neck:
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that can be found in our bodies, but as we grow older the amount we have reduces.
This is administered through injections, using different types of needles based on the density of the hyaluronic acid.
The newest versions also have an immediate lifting effect. They deeply hydrate the skin and help it to recover its firmness and elasticity, also helping to rejuvenate the appearance of the face. They also help to produce collagen and keep your neck young.
This is a definitive treatment against wrinkles and the flaccidity in our face caused by ageing. Although the procedure is called a facelift, in most cases the surgery actually involves lifting the cervical and facial area; meaning everything related with the face and the neck to achieve a great overall improvement and improved final results. It provides a long-lasting effect.
Renuvion/J-Plasma is a brand new technique and is perhaps the most effective among the non-surgical procedures available for skin tightening. It aims to rejuvenate and treat certain skin conditions (including the neck), it is very accurate and leaves no scarring.
It is done by drawing on the area, which is to be tightened, marking points for the laser to be applied to then work with the tissue. Each point will be distanced from the other based on the skin’s flaccidity, and there will be as many as are needed to cover the treated area.
3D skin rejuvenation
This is commonly known as 3D skin rejuvenation as, in addition to rejuvenating the skin on the neck it also includes the face and chest.
It is known as a non-surgical facelift, although it is also referred to as cervical anchorage. It is based on applying a type of collagen.
Depigmentation therapy aims to even out the skin’s colour, applying the best treatment for all kinds of imperfections.
It aims to lighten or even remove any blemishes or marks caused by sun exposure, birth control or other medicines, as well as by pregnancy or other genetic causes.
If you want to rejuvenate your neck’s skin, at Nordetia we can recommend the best treatment for you. Do not hesitate to contact us.
Nordetia. Natural aesthetic. Natural results.