Natural protein, derived from Clostridium botulinum, which acts as a muscle relaxant and modulates tension in facial expression.
Results and duration
Its results are highly predictable depending on the dose administered, which will correspond to the strength of the muscle to treat.It is possible to produce mild, moderate or intense relaxation, according to the condition of the client’s facial tension, depth of the skin wrinkles in the upper third of the face, and the client’s aesthetic preference, which normally is influenced by the current trends.Moreover, it acts to prevent ageing in incipient expression lines.It is also used to enhance the position of the eyebrow and the outer corner of the eye.
Duration: about 4 months.
Results: as of the 4th to 5th day after application.
What is it?
Botulinum toxin is a powerful neurotoxin, produced by the anaerobic bacteria Clostridium botulinum.
There are different strains of the bacteria that produce different toxins (types A, B, C, D, E, F, G).
The most commonly used therapeutic and aesthetic botulinum toxins are type A.
Its mechanism of action consists of inhibiting the secretion of acetylcholine in the synapses between neuromuscular junctions, so nerve endings are blocked, relaxing muscle mobility.Botulinum toxin is rapidly metabolised by the liver and disappears, so its effect only lasts approximately 4 months.At this time the neuron is regenerated, allowing mobility of the muscle again.
How is it performed?
The application of botulinum toxin has 4 variables to keep in mind:dilution, reconstitution, dosage and injection technique.
This treatment is performed by muscle units: the glabella (between the eyebrows), which is made up of the procerus muscle and two corrugator muscles on each side, so normally 5 injection sites are used.For the frontalis muscle, an M or W pattern is used, which leaves muscle fibres active, giving the face a rested, beautiful appearance, without losing a shred of expression.In the outer corner of the eye (crow’s feet), two or three injection sites are used, in order to give the gaze a more attractive appearance, without losing the ability to communicate joy or surprise in the facial expression.
This is a natural protein indicated for the expression lines of the upper third of the face in people of both sexes.
Its application is not advised in people under 18 and in pregnant or lactating women.
- It is a treatment to stop ageing, by preventing skin fracture from repeated flexion of the skin in the same area.
- It is painless.
- For apprehensive people, this treatment can be carried out with the application of topical anaesthesia a half hour before the procedure.
- Its effect is progressive in 7-10 days, so the client gradually becomes accustomed to the results.
- Follow-up is carried out 2 weeks after application, to assess possible asymmetries, and if needed, perfect the result.
- It does not leave a mark in the injection site, so returning immediately to your daily routine is possible.
Areas of application
- It is applied in the upper third of the face.
- For the treatment of hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating, it is applied in the axillas, palms of the hands, the soles of the feet or in the groin.
- Other applications in other parts of the body can be performed for medical necessity, which will be proposed by the specialist if deemed necessary.
Recommendations and care
- In some cases it is advisable to gesticulate during the first two hours after application to favour proper distribution in the muscle unit.
- The injection site should not be pressed or come close to a heat source (ovens, saunas, etc.).
- The client is advised against practising high-impact sports, lowering the head or lying face down for the first 24 hours after application, in order to reduce the possibility of affecting muscles that are not to be treated.
Pharmacologically 4 months.This is a medication that acts on a receptor that regenerates, so it is no longer occupied by the botulinum toxin. That is why the effect is temporary.
It should not be reapplied in less than 6 months, so that the muscle strength can recover correctly.However, every 6 months is recommendable, while not imperative, since the sessions can be less frequent, as needed by the client, without causing detriment to the natural evolution of aesthetics and ageing.
Ask for information
Leave us your information and we will contact with you to inform and make an appointment.