Breast reduction surgery
A surgical technique whose main aim is to reduce the size of the breasts to provide a better proportioned appearance and eliminate some of the most frequent problems associated with large breasts, such as back or neck pain.
Results and duration
Duration: between 2 and 4 hours.
Results: visible immediately and definitive a month after surgery.
Postoperative care: analgesics for discomfort.
Discharge: after 24 hours.
Hospitalisation: 1 day of admission.
What is it?
Breast reduction surgery or reduction mammaplasty is a surgical procedure used to remove excess breast skin and eliminate excess fat and breast tissue to obtain smaller, firmer breasts. It is one of the most satisfactory procedures, because it not only provides aesthetic improvement it also improves physical well-being. Excess breast volume and weight can produce back and postural problems, which are immediately corrected with this surgery.
How is it performed?
The procedure is carried out under general anaesthetic and usually requires hospital admission for 24 hours. It is performed by removing excess skin, breast tissue and fat from the breast, then repositioning the nipple in its correct location. Finally, the breast is remodelled by shaping to match the client’s build. Although several techniques are available, the most common one consists of making three incisions: one around the areole, another vertical incision down to the inframammary fold and another horizontal one following the shape around the bottom of the breast, in the form of an upside-down T. After the operation, a bandage is applied, which is later replaced by an anatomical bra, about 48 hours after surgery.
- The benefits of breast reduction surgery are very pleasing and range from the cosmetic benefits to the alleviation of physical pain (neck and back) associated with excessively large breasts.
- The surgery provides a shape and size for the breasts that is more in harmony with the rest of the body.
- It increases self-esteem and quality of life.
- It removes sagging in the area.
- It notably rejuvenates of the body.
Areas of application
Recommendations and care
- A compressive bandage should be applied after surgery, which is removed after 48 hours, and should be replaced by an anatomical bra for at least the first 2 weeks.
- It is recommendable to wait 4-6 weeks before starting to lift weight or doing physical exercise.
- It is recommendable to wait 10 days before driving again.
Ask for information
Leave us your information and we will contact with you to inform and make an appointment.