Surgical procedure to extract fat cells from areas of the body with excess fat and transfer them to other areas that require remodelling or reconstruction.
Results and duration
Duration: between 1 and 3 hours, depending on the areas treated.
Postoperative care: analgesics for discomfort and avoid resting on the treated areas.
Discharge: the same day or after 24 hours.
Hospitalisation: intermediate care or 1 day of admission.
What is it?
It is a surgical technique whose main purpose is extract fat cells from parts of the body where there is an excess (normally the abdomen, thighs, hips and sides), to use it in areas requiring reconstruction or more volume. One of the major advantages is that it does not cause rejection, as the material used is fat extracted from the client’s own body.
How is it performed?
This surgical procedure is carried out under general anaesthetic. First of all, liposuction is performed with very fine cannulas, making very small incisions to obtain adipose tissue for grafting. The most common donor sites are the abdomen, the medial side of the thighs, the sides of the waist, the buttocks and hips. Next, the adipose tissue has to be processed and purified for transfer to the receiving area being treated. After surgery, a compressive clothing is fitted over the treated area.
- As well as increasing the volume of specific areas, it also improves the texture and luminosity of the skin, as the fatty tissue is full of growth factors.
- The filler material does not produce rejection, as it comes from the client’s own body.
- The results are very natural and long-lasting.
Zonas de aplicación
In general, any part of the body may be treated, although the most common areas are:
- Under the eyes.
Recomendaciones y cuidados
- Es recomendable evitar presionar la zona (o zonas) que se han rellenado durante el primer mes, después de la intervención.
- No se deben hacer esfuerzos ni ejercicio físico durante el primer mes.
- Se debe evitar el apoyo sobre las zonas infiltradas durante 1 mes.
- Es conveniente evitar la exposición solar durante los primeros 30 días.
The transferred fat acts as a graft which is dependent on the vascularisation of the area. This fat is inserted in the tissue and does not move to any other part of the body.
As with all surgical procedures, individual habits largely determine how long the results last. Therefore, for optimum results that match expectations from the surgery, clients should acquire healthy habits (if they do not already have them), such as not smoking, doing moderate physical exercise and eating a healthy, balanced diet.
Ask for information
Leave us your information and we will contact with you to inform and make an appointment.