This is surgery to eliminate excess breast development in men, to improve the appearance of the chest.
Results and duration
Duration: between 1 and 2 hours.
Results: optimum and permanent.
Postoperative care: analgesics for discomfort.
Discharge: same day.
Hospitalisation: intermediate care.
Anaesthesia: general or local + sedation.
What is it?
It is a surgical procedure to correct excessive breast development in men and/or the increase of fatty tissue in the area, due to a number of different causes, such as over-weight, ageing and hormone and hereditary factors, among others. It is a problem that can occur at any age, although it is most common in adolescence and from the age of 40 onwards.
How is performed?
This surgical technique is carried out under general anaesthetic or local anaesthetic with sedation. A small incision is made around the edge of the areole (a largely invisible area) and the excess glandular tissue, fat and excess skin are removed. The resulting scars are practically unnoticeable.
- It improves the appearance and proportions of the chest.
- The results are highly satisfactory and permanent.
- It significantly improves self-esteem.
Areas of application
The male pectoral area.
Recommendations and care
- Use a piece compressive clothing in the area for 30 days.
- Relative rest is recommended for 3-5 days.
- It is important sleep face up, preferably half sitting.
- Contact with and impact on the area of surgery should be avoided.
- Exposure to sunlight should be avoided for the first month.
- Avoid physical exercise for the first week.
Ask for information
Leave us your information and we will contact with you to inform and make an appointment.