Eliminate your varicose veins with a minimally invasive procedure.
Results and duration
Duration: between 1 and 2 hours.
Results: usually immediate and permanent, since the varicose vein treated does not reappear or reopen, because it is eliminated.
What is it?
This is a microsurgery procedure consisting of the elimination of dilated veins.
How is it performed?
Ambulatory phlebectomy is performed with minimal incisions, which do not require stitches or leave scars.
- It is performed with local anaesthesia.
- A scalpel is not required.
- It does not require hospitalization.
- The patient does not need rest or medical leave. Returning to usual routine can occur the day after the procedure.
Areas of application
Veins in the legs.
Recommendations and care
- The client must rest for 12 hours after the procedure.
- Compression stockings must be worn for 48-72 hours, and a bandage for 12 hours.
- Applying a vitamin K cream is recommended in order to facilitate the elimination of the bruises that usually appear after the infiltration.
Ambulatory phlebectomy does not require any specific preparation besides the ultrasound study performed before the procedure. As this technique is performed with local anaesthesia, the client does not have to fast or observe special measures, like with other surgical procedures.
The incisions made are minimal, so this technique does not require stitches or leave scars. Usually the specialist will recommend wearing compression stockings for 48-72 hours and applying vitamin K cream to facilitate reabsorption of the bruises that appear after the procedure.
Ask for information
Leave us your information and we will contact with you to inform and make an appointment.