Surgical procedure to change the size and shape of the nose, improve its harmony with the rest of the face and, in some cases, correct breathing.
Results and duration
Duration: between 2 and 3 hours.
Results: visible immediately and completely definitive at around 6 months.
Postoperative care: analgesics for possible discomfort.
Discharge: the following day.
Hospitalisation: 24-hour admission.
What is it?
It is a surgical procedure in which the nose cartilage and bones are modified, to reduce its width, length, etc. The nose is an organ that can be almost completely shaped or contoured, depending on each client’s specific needs, balancing their features and providing greater facial harmony by reducing or increasing its size, changing the shape of the tip or dorsum, narrowing the nostrils or changing the angle between the nose and upper lip. This surgery is mainly aesthetic, but may also be carried out for functional reasons, is it can correct congenital and breathing problems and certain injuries. It is essential ensure the ‘new nose’ does not draw attention and is fully integrated into the general context of the client’s face.
How is it performed?
This procedure is normally performed under general anaesthetic and usually lasts from 2 to 3 hours. The operation consists of separating the skin of the nose from the bone and cartilage, which is sculpted into the desired shape. Next, the skin is redistributed over the new base. Depending on each client’s specific needs and characteristics, this surgery can be performed from inside the nose, making small incisions in the nostrils, or by performing an open rhinoplasty. The latter approach is more common for more complex cases, where a small incision is made in the columella or the most anterior and caudal part of the septum, which separates the two nostrils.
- It can be used to change the size, width and general shape of the nose.
- It permits the most characteristic nasal features of each ethnic group to be modified.
- It corrects the effects of ageing.
- Results are noticeable immediately and definitive after six months, although from the second week clients already feel highly satisfied with the results.
- The results are very natural.
- It improves proportions and harmony with the rest of the face.
Areas of application
Recommendations and care
- Complete rest with the head raised is recommendable for the first 24 hours.
- Local cold should be applied to minimise inflammation.
- You should avoid blowing your nose for the first week.
- Physical activity should be avoided for 2-3 weeks, and especially contact sports for at least a month.
- You should take special care when cleaning the area and the nasal cavities. It is best to clean the nose with saline solution and use a lubricating and antibiotic cream, always following the guidelines provided by the specialist.
- Using glasses for at least one month after the surgery is not recommended.
Once the person undergoing the surgery is fully developed and in good enough health to enter the operating theatre.
Ask for information
Leave us your information and we will contact with you to inform and make an appointment.